Friday, January 11, 2013

Filmmakers Statement

     Hello, my name is Ryne Seals. I have been making short films and videos since I was 16. In the spring of 2011 I did my first documentary for a friend of mine diagnosed with ALS. To this day over 350 copies have been made and distributed via the family. I really began getting into narrative short film in the summer of 2011. I started an unincorperated production company with some friends of mine called, Lonely House Films. Out of the 9 films we did, I was only apart of 6 and was primarily the Director of Photography. One of those films, that I was the Director of Photography and Co Director, was nominated for best acting in the Guerilla 48 hour Film Competition. 
     I want to learn as much as I can from this course to make myself a better filmmaker and story teller. I also hope to get a deeper appreciation for all the aspects of filmmaking and meet other creatives who enjoy doing what I do. 
     In 10 years, I hope to be working professionally in the film industry. I'd also like to see myself working as a Director of Photography in interesting and compelling features in the independent and Hollywood fields. I would also like to be a screenwriter and Director as well. 
     I absolutely love music. I play the guitar and drums. I like all kinds of music except bluegrass and country music and I prefer pop punk or metal music most of the time. I've been a vocalist for a few local bands in my hometown of Troutman, NC. I've also played guitar and drums for a few bands as well. Along with music I absolutely love photography, especially nature photography. When I go places I usually bring my camera along as my sidekick. I love capturing nature and all the beauty that is within it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment